Official Visitor Guide - Waimakariri
The 2018/2019 Waimakariri Official Visitor Guide is currently being produced and published by Visit Waimakariri. The visitor guide has a wide distribution across New Zealand and in key international locations. A downloadable version of the guide will be available here once it has been published.
Visit Waimakariri Business Partner Programme
What do we do
Visit Waimakariri is the District Tourism Organisation (DTO) responsible for the destination marketing and promotion of Waimakariri District. We work along side ChristchurchNZ and our business partners to promote the Waimakariri to Christchurch, New Zealand and International visitors.
We do this by:-
- Producing and distributing the Official Visitor Guide for the Waimakariri
- In partnership with Dept. of Conservation, produce the Waimakariri Walking and Cycling Guide
- Provide Street Maps for Rangiora, Kaiapoi and Pegasus/Woodend
- Promote over 800 events in the Waimakariri
- Showcase the Waimakariri at dedicated displays at Consumer Shows
- Coordinate the walks in the CCC walking festival
- Produce and promote video and social media campaigns
- Targeted campaigns online and in print around specific themes
- We join ChristchurchNZ in their targeted campaigns and promotions
- Work alongside Waimakariri District Council supporting the Waimakariri App with content
- Through ChristchurchNZ and our sister city relationships with Enshui, promote the Waimakariri to China
- Advocate for the Waimakariri with other tourism organisations and TNZ
- Online and priority referrals through our website and i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Brochure display at the Kaiapoi i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
There is a lot more to what we achieve and we are happy to consider any idea's you may have and see how we can work together.
There is two levels of Membership available
Digital $175.00 +GST
- You're invited to participate in our campaigns
- Receive a full listing on the Visit Waimakariri which includes links and referrals.
- We promote your business online and where possible in editorial and other websites.
- Discount to have a advert in the Official Visitor Guide
- Invites to any industry or networking functions.
- Having a tourism business means also ensuring you have a listing in all key websites and publications - we will help you to ensure you are listed in the right one
- If you are Trade Ready we will list you in the Waimakariri Trade Manual that we present to IBO's
- List your business in itineraries that are in English and Chinese currently but may be extended to other languages.
- We endeavor to keep you informed with Tourism updates as much as possible.
Premium $240.00 +GST
This includes all of the above plus brochure display at the Kaiapoi i-SITE Visitor Information Centre and priority referrals for bookings
Business Partner Prospectus
If you would like to join, 2017/2018 membership starts from the moment you join and will take you through to June 30th, 2018. Download the full prospectus or email Melanie Cox, Visit Waimakariri Co-ordinator, to discuss joining.