Opened in 1926, the Rangiora Town Hall is a notable historic building in the Waimakariri District. The hall was closed in 2012 for seismic strengthening and building extensions. The refurbished and restored Rangiora Town Hall has now reopened and is even better than before.
The Auditorium was upgraded with a new orchestra pit and additional seating for the audience with a total of 361 fixed seats between the ground floor and upper balcony levels. There is also a new 150 seat theatre beside the auditorium which is suitable for smaller performances and even movies. Seats and the stage can be adjusted to meet the needs of anyone hiring the theatre.
Additional to this are the four meeting rooms, a function room, a green room, a foyer suitable for hosting your guests prior to the main event and a kitchenette. Parking is also not a problem with two car parks available - one behind the complex and the council car park a short walk away. Parking in these parks and on the street is free.
The Town Hall also offers a complete bar and catering service.
As part of the new extension to the Rangiora Town Hall is Town Hall Cinemas offering the latest movies in the boutique theatres.